Happy Friday guys! The end of the week means one thing: weekend brunches are around the corner (Hooray!!) Brunch is one of my favorite things to do in New York. If you’re staying cosy inside out of the cold you can still ‘brunch like a boss’ with this healthy baked egg recipe. Super simple. Totally delicious.
Baked Eggs (makes 2 servings)
You will need:
- 2 x ramekins
- 6 x eggs
- A handful of mushrooms
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp tomatoe puree (chopped tomatoes will also work)
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using the coconut oil fry off the mushrooms, tomatoes and red onion in a pan.
- Once soft, place these in the ramekins with the sliced avocado & then the spinach layered on top (equally divided between the two dishes).
- Spoon the tomatoes on top of your layer of mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, spinach and avocado. Bake for 5 mins.
- Remove ramekins from the oven. Crack 3 eggs per ramekin carefully on top.
- Place in the oven at 350F. Cook until the whites are set but yolks are still runny (about 15-18 minutes). Turn the ramekins half way through adding the Parmesan if desired.
Serve by itself or with your favorite fresh bread and get brunching! Sourdough is my personal fave. I also like to sprinkle some chilli to give it a cheeky kick! Make yours just how you like it. Have a wonderful weekend.
Sending health & happiness,