So TGIT (Thank God It’s Thursday) is a thing. Thursday. That fabulous day when you’re so close to the weekend you can almost taste it. It’s the new Friday, bringing all sorts of naughty little cravings that you usually manage to keep at bay till your Friday night. Innocent as it sounds, it could be wrecking havoc with reaching your fitness goals. If you’re regularly reaching for junk on a Thursday night, that extends your slightly relaxed ‘weekend eating’ to a 4 day junk fest.
If you find yourself craving a little something sweet, here’s my simple, healthy recipe to keep you on the health wagon (till Friday at least). My friends go nuts for this substitute ice cream; super easy and surprisingly delicious banana ‘nice’ cream. You could even go crazy and have it on a Monday!
Banana ‘Nice’ Cream (makes 1 serving)
- 1 ready frozen ripe banana
- 2 tbsp non fat plain Greek yoghurt (Fage is my personal favorite)
- 2 chopped dates (stone removed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of almond butter (optional)
- Blend the frozen banana and yoghurt together using a food processor
- Add the chopped dates and cinnamon
- Serve in a bowl adding the almond butter on top if desired
Take that Thursday! You can have your sweet treat and eat it without completely demolishing the hard work you’ve put in all week. Enjoy!
Sending health & happiness, Kim x