What’s cooking good looking? Happy Monday folks! Now I don’t know about you but I always find planning dinner on a Monday to be pretty….meh. It’s predictably a little bit unexciting. It’s the start of the week. It’s probably not the night you’re heading out on the town to a cool and trendy eatery vino in hand. You’re probably thinking something cheap, cheerful and if you’re like me…something healthy. Allow me to introduce you to my latest find….’Courgetti Carbonara’. Monday evening dinners are looking up! This is the easiest, healthiest and darn right deliciously tasty treat to start your week. Super simple to prepare and actually in my opinion tastes even better than it’s original creamy number…
I first got the idea for the healthy Carbonara sauce from Jamie Oliver a while back. For months I’d look forward to a yummy bit of healthy Carbonara. Then I realised I could make it even healthier still by using courgetti vs pasta and tweaking the recipe with a few extra healthy additions. So here it is. Super simple. Healthy. Delicious. Courgetti Carbonara….
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 medium sized Courgette (aka Zucchini), spiralized – if you don’t own a spiralizer you can buy shop brought courgetti or use pasta instead.
- 2 tbsp Non-Fat Greek Yoghurt (I use Fage)
- 1/2 a squeezed Lemon
- 2 Eggs
- A handful of grated Parmesan (optional extra to sprinkle on top)
- A clove of chopped Garlic
- A pack of Pancetta
- 6 chopped Mushrooms
- A large handful of Spinach
- Spiralize your courgette into a spaghetti fashion (your choice how thick you would like it)
- Fry the pancetta and garlic off in a pan on a medium heat.
- In a bowl whisk together the yoghurt, lemon, parmesan and egg.
- In a pan fry off the mushrooms (I sometimes add this in with the pancetta to cook)
- Once pancetta and mushrooms are cooked take away from the heat.
- In a pan fry off the courgetti – no need to add oil, it only needs about 1-2 mins on a medium to low heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a pan. Stir in the yoghurt mix, pancetta and mushrooms. Stir in the spinach and allow to wilt.
- Allow to cook over a low heat whilst continuing to stir. I cook for a minimal amount time (around 2-3 minutes) before the egg turns to scramble.
- Season and serve, add optional grated parmesan on top.
Super quick. Super tasty! Say YES to Mondays! Enjoy!
Sending health & happiness,