So they say a Sunday well spent brings a week of content. For me that means being productive while usually remaining relatively restful. I like to have Sunday’s as my catch up days. They’re a great way to set up for busy weeks ahead. Today I stayed true to this. I did my food prep for the week (more detail on that in posts to come). As part of my weeks food prep it included the preparation of these divine little grab and go bursts of “Yum&Go!” Peanut Butter & Chocolate Raw Energy Bites.
Like any of us my weeks are spent running around like a headless chicken. Like you, I fill my time with work, play and everything in between. I like to be busy. I thrive off that busyness. Yes my free time like anyones is super precious and minimal but I wouldn’t have it any other way. In my view, you can either let the busyness run you down, let the week kick the crap out of you. OR you can kick the crap out of the week, be prepared for it in the best way possible and control the factors that you do have say over. For me that means keeping my balanced diet even when I’m running around like a looney. To be the best possible me I have to eat well. So I do this by preparing as much food as I can in advance. Making that little extra time on Sunday, I know that I’m already one step ahead of the game for the week. Having these on hand means I avoid over paying for crappy cheap bites or “healthy” unhealthy snacks on offer elsewhere. It also means I have little bites of delicious, nutritious, kick ass-ness ready to grab and go whenever I please! & so can you, try these super quick and easy energy bites to keep you going through your week…
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 handful of Goji Berries
- 4 large squares of high Cacoa content chocolate chopped
- 1/3 cup of Honey
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Ground Flaxseed
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix. You can use a spoon or just get in there with your fingers.
- Once ingredients are evenly mixed together. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes. This allows the mixture to harden and makes it easier to make the balls stick.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge. Use your hands to make the mixture into ball shapes. Your choice on size. Mine were around 4cm wide – this mixture made 12 balls. If you prefer you can make them smaller or even lay it flat in a tray and cut into bar shapes.
And there you have it! Store in the refrigerator for delicious grab and go snacking for up to a week. Feel free to substitute ingredients where you please, e.g. agave for honey, almond butter for peanut butter. Please do let me know how you get on! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Happy healthy snacking!
Sending health & happiness,